Monday, September 7, 2009

Luxeuil Abbey -The Random Article




Luxeuli Abbey was the first Random Article of the day. It is what I had been doing for the last two months and the result is this blog.
Random article generally do not give any substantial article. I do not say that it is a norm but whenever I had been clicking Random article on the main page, generally a stub article or a commune in France, or a village in Poland,or a new music cassette, or a football players or similar such topics were landed upon and there were merely two to three lines on them. However, today in the very first click I landed on Luxeuli Abbey. I did not know anything about it. I do not know much about the Christian history. However, I am interested in Renaissance period. I am in India, and here to my dismay I find that here Dark Age concept preceding Renaissance is still prevailing. There are very few books which have referred to Middle Ages as the new concept but they do not explain that why was Dark Age concept was abandoned when it was proposed by Petrarch, the father of Humanism, who had himself introduced the term and in European Historiography itself it had remained there for all along this period. It was somewhere in 1980, the period of Postmodernism in History (Postmodernism in art is identified with 1960s) the whole concept was reviewed.

I was convinced with the review of the concept and introduction of Middle Ages concept but did not have enough examples to show that how the middle ages were a period of intellectual growth on which the Renaissance drawn upon its strength. I hardly read few lines of Luxeuli Abbey and suddenly found well here is another example which showed the changes taking place in Gaul.

However, nothing much in detail is given here. Even in discussion, there is a small debate by knowledgeable people but only that much is there. There is one substantiating reference to Catholic Encyclopaedia. I am handicapped by my lack of knowledge of European languages and if I am writing all this in English then British are the culprits. If there are many grammatical and diction mistake then my Indo-Islamic background in Punjab is the culprit.



Link to the article:
Luxeuil Abbey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Writers, Kindly do not waste your time here. If you write promotional messages here, they will never be displayed. Kindly spend your time somewhere else. Your marketing efforts are destroying the pristine nature of Blogging.