Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Earthquake of Nepal: Not Much for Wikipedia



I have observed that Wikipedia is also emerging an important channel of latest developments in the world. The contributors to the media are quick to create entries and provide lot of information and facts about the news.
Today, I am writing this from India around 1.35 pm after I have felt the tremors here in India in Punjab around 12.38 pm, I was prompted to check wikipedia also for the information as per my earlier observations. To my surprise, I have found a general form of information in Wikipedia. Secondly the page 'The List of Earthquakes in Nepal' had been initiated only on April 29, 2015.
This feature pointed out here is somewhat indicative of the bias on this website. It is my view. There can be counters to this observation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Writers, Kindly do not waste your time here. If you write promotional messages here, they will never be displayed. Kindly spend your time somewhere else. Your marketing efforts are destroying the pristine nature of Blogging.