Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bremerhaven Hauptbahnhof - Random Article:




What is Hauptbahnhof?

I can not even pronounce it. It is probably a German word which means Central Station. There is an article on such Hauptbahnhofs as well central stations in Europe, which can reached through interlink in the article itself.

It is nicely written article. However, there is no discussion as such.

It has taken up some controversies about the renovation, also about the change of names and the financial planning going on in maintaining the terminus.

I have found that many railway stations in Europe, highways in Europe and also in America and Canada have found good representation on Wikipedia. I consider it as a important feature. I believe that it is reflection of present level of understanding of the earth as well developments which are taking place. Try to evaluate my statement from historic perspective. An insipid statement given about will soon acquire great significance if one remembers that how the discoveries of new continents, how the blockade of established trade routes from Arab countries brought about historic changes in the world. History is basically about consciousness in collectivity. One does not know how to look for such a collective consciousness. For me, mere taking nation, nation does not make one a patriot. It is required that one should have concrete information about the spatial spread of his country. Such understanding as the rail networks, road net works, air flight schedules etc are definitely considered as in important check point while evaluating the intelligence and activism of a person. Similarly, it shows that how far a person is mobile. Anyhow, it is one the feature of Wikipedia which I like. I generally skip such articles, but as now the policy is that even if I do not intend to pass any comment on the contents, I must record the articles which I have visited. NO doubt, I still skip reporting many of them.

One more thing, the numerous articles on transportation made me jealous and I thought of checking similar article on India. I found the article on Shivaji Terminus. Though it is one of the World Heritage Site identified by UNESCO, it is nicely written.

The link referred:
Bremerhaven Hauptbahnhof - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Writers, Kindly do not waste your time here. If you write promotional messages here, they will never be displayed. Kindly spend your time somewhere else. Your marketing efforts are destroying the pristine nature of Blogging.