Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Texas A&M University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




Today is September 30, 2009, the date of birth of Sharadha Ram Phillauri. Today, the featured article is TAMU or the Texas A&M University.

I am attracted towards Texas. I teach American History in an Indian College and therein I teach the Civil War and Reconstruction period. I am not satisfied with the material with which I teach the history of America. There are numerous questions and area of interest about which I remain attentive. Among such quests, I am interested in learning about the Texas. For me, it was the part of the American surge towards the south. It has a fascinating history atleast for me as how it was incorporated as the one of the states of America from being a Lone star state. My curiosity is also about the people behind the Declaration of Secession, as it was the second state to pass that resolution during Civil War. While reading the article I read the sections about its president L S Ross who is mentioned as one of the Confederate General.

Anyhow, it is quite a long article about the university at College Station in Brazos County Texas. The whole article is very nicely written as there are many aspects which are covered. No doubt, it has been rated as one of the best article written by Wikipedia community.

Comment: A Peculiar Feature: Edit War is quite Aggressive
However, in the discussion session, I find that there were no issues about this article debated on the discussion page. On the other hand on View History page, the whole page is having log of edits which has taken place today itself. It means that this article is under great pressure and there is ongoing war between the main editors and those who want to edit it. It is a peculiar feature of this article which I have not observed earlier.
Texas A&M University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Writers, Kindly do not waste your time here. If you write promotional messages here, they will never be displayed. Kindly spend your time somewhere else. Your marketing efforts are destroying the pristine nature of Blogging.