Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flip Record and Sideline Comments

I add two new categories namely FLIP RECORD AND SIDELINE COMMENTS

FLIP RECORD
I have not posted for some days. It is not that I have not used the Random Button. However, I have not made any entries on the blog. I have added to zotero addon number of articles with note on what I am suppose to right on them. I am not lethargic. The main problem is long hour cuts and erratic supply of electricity. The Punjab Government is really following a wrong economics. It is giving free electricity to the farmers but make the urban lower Middle class income group to pay for them while their activities are being reduced. It is hampering my activity which is to study for my job. Whenever there is electric supply, the priority is to attend to the professional job. I am facing the same problem again. I am writing on what I am reading. The writing pads are piling up. They are to be preserved in electronic form so that I may use them when they are needed. It here that Wikipedia is having its value. I do not how people from other trade value the significance of Wikipedia. But for a teacher, research scholar and those who have to get the information at the shortest possible time, idea behind wikipedia is a blessing in disguise.

In any case, I have not stopped from flipping through wikipedia even in the time which is short for this activity. But, I am not able to read, evaluate and develop my classification on the basis of the information which I gather from the portal.

Hence, now onwards, I will make noting of all such articles, where I would have read few lines. It is goes against the earlier policy decision where I have envisaged that I will write only on those topics which attracts me when I locate them on wikipedia. That policy is still their but there is a corollary to it now. I believe that both the policies could go side by side.

SIDELINE COMMENTS.
Presently, there is a letter by Jimmy Wales and Michael Show displayed on the core section of the wikipedia and it is displayed on all pages. They have invited the readers to participate in Wikimedia project. There are many more sections on Wikipedia like Wikiuniversity, Wikiquotes, Wikidictionaries etc on this portal. However, I would like to remain confined to Wikipedia as an open encyclopaedia. I am not closed to their offer but I will like to concentrate on Wikipedia for the time being. But, there is a side story also. There is a controversy going on about the actual pioneer and founder of Wikipedia. In the letter, the Jimmy has shown himself as the founder. Now, there is story behind it. It is there on the main article on Jimmy Wales itself.

Similarly, there are many blogs which are spinoff of activities of Wikipedia. My blog can be cited as one of the example. Similarly there are other blogs also which can be located with the help of blogger search engines. They also deserve attention but they are not part of wikipedia. However, they are definitely related to the Wikipedia in one sense. I am sure that the officers of Wikipedia are watching them. I can discern from the details of my site meter that even my blog which is hardly three weeks old by now, is being visited by some specific visitors. I believe that my entry on Jimmy Wales has been visited by Jimmy or someone authorized by him on a mobile device. Such things are Sideline Comment categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Writers, Kindly do not waste your time here. If you write promotional messages here, they will never be displayed. Kindly spend your time somewhere else. Your marketing efforts are destroying the pristine nature of Blogging.